Contra Costa – Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning
Serving all of Contra Costa County including Walnut Creek, Pittsburg, Concord, Richmond, Antioch, Pleasant Hill, San Pablo, Oakley, Pinole and Orinda.
Serving Contra Costa and Alameda Counties
Search Diamond Certified Companies
You are the customer. If your goal is to choose a carpet & upholstery cleaning company that will deliver high customer satisfaction and quality, you’ll feel confident in choosing a Diamond Certified carpet & upholstery cleaning contractor. Each has been rated Highest in Quality in the most accurate ratings process anywhere. And you’re always backed by the Diamond Certified Performance Guarantee. Here’s why the Diamond Certified ratings and certification process will help you find a top-rated carpet & upholstery cleaner and is unparalleled in its accuracy, rigor and usefulness:
1) Accuracy: All research is performed by live telephone interviews that verify only real customers are surveyed, so you'll never be fooled by fake reviews.
2) Statistical Reliability: A large random sample of past customers is surveyed on an ongoing basis so the research results you see truly reflect a Diamond Certified company’s top-rated status.
3) Full Disclosure: By clicking the name of a company above you'll see the exact rating results in charts and read verbatim survey responses as well as researched articles on each qualified company.
4) Guaranteed: Your purchase is backed up with mediation and the Diamond Certified Performance Guarantee, so you can choose with confidence.
Click on the name of a Diamond Certified company above to read ratings results, researched articles and verbatim customer survey responses to help you make an informed decision.
More than 200,000 customers of local companies have been interviewed in live telephone calls, and only companies that score Highest in Quality in customer satisfaction–a 90+ on a 100 scale–as well as pass all of the credential-based ratings earn Diamond Certified. By requiring such a high score to qualify, the Diamond Certified program eliminates mediocre and poorly performing companies. Read detailed information about the ratings and certification process.
If your carpets, upholstery, or area rugs are in need of odor removal, stain removal, or heavy duty deep carpet cleaning, there are excellent carpet and upholstery cleaning companies in Contra Costa County that can help.
Unfortunately, small accidents such as spills and stains are a part of everyday life. And sometimes, the carpet cleaning products at the local grocery store don't cut it. This is where the help of a professional carpet and upholstery cleaning company comes in handy.
Carpet and upholstery cleaning companies in Contra Costa County, including the larger cities of San Ramon, Danville, Brentwood, Martinez, and Pleasant Hill, offer various carpet and upholstery cleaning services.
Depending on the carpet and upholstery cleaning company, they may clean specialty textiles, drapery, wool, hand woven rugs, Chinese fabrics, or detailed carpet weaving. Some commercial companies even use special techniques to remove gun, pet urine, wine, mildew, pet odors, bed bugs, wax, tar, nail polish, wine, and dry soil from home carpet and throw rugs.
How to Find a Good Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning Company in Contra Costa County
The first step in selecting a good carpet and upholstery cleaning company is to explain exactly what you need from the carpet cleaner. When you first contact them, let them know the size of the rug or carpeting to be cleaned. Inform them of any imperfections you want corrected such as stains or burns. Be sure to thoroughly describe the cleaning services that you need as the more complex the solution, the higher the estimate will be. You may want to be conservative with your preferences in order to keep the expense at a minimum.
After you've researched your different carpet cleaner options, it's time to narrow down your choices. Look over your notes and decide which factors are the most important. As you measure by these criteria, you will be able to assess which professional carpet and upholstery cleaning companies will be able to do the job most effectively.
In order to have a good experience with your local Contra Costa County carpet and upholstery cleaning company, follow these steps:
- Make sure that the carpet cleaning company uses the Hot Water Extraction (HWE) method for cleaning your carpets.
- Be sure that your carpet and upholstery cleaning company of choice is certified by the IICRC, which means that they have been through the coursework and passed exams pertaining to carpet cleaning.
- Be sure that your carpet and upholstery cleaning company of choice is insured and bonded. A General Liability insurance insures that if the homeowner slips and falls due to over wet carpets, the insurance will cover any expenses. A bond pays if the cleaner steals something from the house where they were working.
- Be sure to ask for references for the carpet and upholstery cleaning company of choice. Make sure the company is a member of the BBB and has a good record.
- Cheaper doesn't necessarily mean better. Be sure that the $9.95/room special is being done by a quality carpet and upholstery cleaning company that is certified and uses hot water extraction equipment. Usually those requirements knock the $9.95/room carpet cleaning companies out of the equation.
- Ask the carpet and upholstery cleaning company if they use employees or sub contractors. Question them on whether a uniformed employee in a lettered company truck will show up at your door to clean the carpet of your home. If they use a sub contractor and something is broken or stolen from your home, chances are you may have little recourse.
The Cleaning Process
When you are going to have your carpets cleaned, the minimum that you should expect is that the carpet and upholstery cleaning company will do the following:
- Appropriate spotting agents will be used for pre-spotting.
- All areas to be cleaned will be pre-sprayed with appropriate sprays to loosen soil.
- If required, some sort of agitation will be used.
- All areas to be cleaned will be vacuumed.
- Hot water Extraction with a pH balanced rinsing agent or steam will be used to remove as much soil and detergent as possible.
- The carpet fibers will be groomed for appearance and drying purposes.
Many factors should be considered before selecting a carpet cleaning service in Contra Costa County, including those that serve smaller cities including Bay Point, Bethel Island, Port Chicago, Port Costa, Tara Hills, Walnut Heights, and West Pittsburg, that will meet your needs the most successfully.
Write down everything that you're searching for before you begin your research. Consider the following questions before making your final selection of a carpet and upholstery cleaning company.
- Do I want a Diamond Certified upolstery and carpet cleaning company that is rated best in quality and backed by the Diamond Certified Guarantee?
- What services do I need from a carpet and upholstery cleaning company?
- If I need my carpets cleaned, what rooms do I need cleaned?
- What personal and professional characteristics would I like my Contra Costa County hardwood floor company to have? (These may include good communication skills, honesty, reliability, cleanliness, etc.)
- What is my budget?
Before you choose a Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning Company in Contra Costa County, including the larger cities of San Ramon, Danville, Brentwood, Martinez, and Pleasant Hill, call them on the phone to discuss your options.
It's good to have a list of questions ready and to write down the answers that the Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning Company representative gives you while you're talking to them.
Use the following questions to guide in your discussion:
- Has your company earned and maintained a Diamond Certified rating?
- How and when do the professional carpet cleaning companies in Contra Costa County clean up after carpet shampooing?
- Will the commercial carpet cleaning companies provide a written contract for all carpet cleaning services and rug cleaning treatments?
- Do the Contra Costa County carpet cleaning companies specialize in the type of carpet restoration and area rug cleaning you've described?
- How long will it take the carpet cleaners to finish the area rug cleaning or carpet steam cleaning?
- How long have you been in this business?
- Can you clean fabrics as well?
The next step is to interview Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning Company representatives in Contra Costa County, including the larger cities of Concord, Richmond, Antioch, Walnut Creek, and Pittsburg.
Questions you may want to ask include these:
- How do the carpet and rug cleaners in Contra Costa County determine steam cleaning or carpet shampooing costs?
- Will the rug cleaners and carpet cleaning companies provide written estimates?
- Will the professional carpet cleaning companies provide warranties for their commercial carpet cleaning services?
- Can the commercial carpet cleaners provide references for other carpet cleaning services they've provided in your area of Contra Costa County?
- How and when do the professional carpet cleaning companies clean up after carpet shampooing?
- Will the commercial carpet cleaning company provide a written contract for all carpet cleaning services and rug cleaning treatments?
- How long will it take the carpet cleaners to finish the area rug cleaning or carpet steam cleaning?
- Do you have references or before-and-after photographs I may see?
- How do you determine pricing?
It's best to choose a Diamond Certified Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning Company because all certified companies have passed an in-depth ratings process that most other companies can't pass. If you want quality from a Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning Company in Contra Costa County and the greater Bay Area, you can have confidence choosing a Diamond Certified company.
Diamond Certified reports are available online for all certified companies. And you'll never be fooled by fake reviews. That's because all research is performed in live telephone interviews of actual customers.
If you can't find a Diamond Certified Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning Company within reach, you'll have to do some research on your own. If you do, it's wise to call some references provided by your Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning Company. Keep in mind, though, that references provided to you by the Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning Company are not equal in value to the large random sample of customers surveyed during the Diamond Certified ratings process. That's because references given to customers from companies are cherry-picked instead of randomly selected from all their customers. So the contractors will likely give you a few customers to call that they know are satisfied.
If you do call references on your own, specifically ask for a list of the company's 10 most recent customers. This will help avoid them giving you the names of only customers they know were satisfied.
- Were you satisfied with the service from (upholstery and carpet cleaning company name)?
- If you need your upholstery or carpets cleaned in the future, will you consider hiring this upholstery cleaning company again?
- Would you recommend this carpet cleaning company to your family and friends?
- Did the carpet cleaner show up on time?
- Did they finish the job on time?
- Did they move the furniture in the room if that was needed?
- Did they clean up after completing the job?
Your choice of carpet cleaning company is important to you and your family, because a careful choice can help ensure a cleaner home.
So before deciding on the best upholstery and carpet cleaning sompany in Contra Costa County for you, consider the following questions.
- Is my carpet cleaning company of choice certified by the IICRC?
- What is the time frame that I need this accomplished in?
- Is my company of choice well-established in the community?
- Does my company of choice have good references that I have checked?
- Is my company of choice charging a reasonable price for their carpet and upholstery cleaning services?
- Does my upholstery and carpet cleaning company of choice use the hot water extraction method?
Now that you've located a local carpet and upholstery cleaning company in Contra Costa County, including the smaller cities of Bethel Island, Blackhawk, Clayton, Hilltop Mall, North Richmond, Oakley, and Pacheco, that meets all your ideals, it's the perfect time to ask for a written contract.
This contract should include written details on the price, quality and materials to be used, as well as the job start date and intended completion date.
Before you sign the contract, read and be sure you understand all the terms and limitations. The contract you sign is binding, and should protect your property and your interests, as well as those of your contractor. For this reason, you should never sign a blank or incomplete estimate.
When signing the contract, don't hesitate to write in special requests or verbal agreements. This will protect you and help ensure you get the services you have agreed on. Along with end dates and any special instructions, these add-ons may also include related issues that aren't always covered by a standard contract. For example, regardless of how careful your contractor promises to be, sometimes damage can unexpectedly occur when installing carpet.
But you can protect your property by being proactive. Before the work begins, schedule a walk through with the company supervisor and conduct a pre-work inspection of your property. List or photograph your home or business and the areas surrounding where the carpet will be cleaned. Speak with a company representative about reasonable expectations for protecting your home or business during the work. When you've reached an agreement, both you and the contractor should sign and date the document. When the work is done, do a final inspection together and verify that your expectations were met.
The Service Agreement with Your Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning Company
When you're satisfied with the information your Contra Costa County carpet and upholstery cleaning company has given you, sign the estimate and service agreement. Verify that the carpet and upholstery cleaning company representative has a phone number where they can reach you at all times.
If the actual price exceeds the amount agreed upon on your estimate, make sure that the carpet and upholstery cleaning company representative gets your final approval before moving ahead with installing the carpet. Your approval must be noted on the estimate and the invoice.
Methods to Make the Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning Company Work Easier
Getting your carpets cleaned is a great way to freshen up your home and preserve the life span of your floor covering. Though part of the satisfaction is hiring a professional is having somebody else do the dirty work, taking these steps beforehand can make sure you have your carpets successfully cleaned:
- Free up a parking space for the carpet cleaner's vehicle. Sometimes a carpet cleaner will use truck-mounted equipment so they will need to be close to an entry door in order to run hoses for their cleaning equipment. Make sure your personal vehicles aren't obstructing them.
- Dust and clean baseboards and HVAC registers. This will clear these areas of any dirt and debris, ensuring that the carpet stays clean immediately following a cleaning.
- Remove fragile items such as porcelain knick-knacks, vases, collectibles, and any potentially fragile or breakable items.
- Remove any items of value. Store them behind a locked door or in the trunk of your car to ensure that they aren't stolen.
- If needed, vacuum. This will remove as much debris and dirt from the carpet fiber so that the cleaning company can focus on the deep down soiled in dirt.
- If necessary, move furniture. Some carpet cleaning companies offer a discount if you clear the room for them; others charge a fee for moving furniture. Be sure to ask about this factor when you meet with your carpet and upholstery cleaning company.
- Remove small items such as floor lamps, waste baskets, toys, or shoes from the floor of the area to be cleaned. You may want to lift up and secure things such as bedspreads, drapes, or dust ruffles in order to prevent them from getting in the way of the carpet cleaner.
- Be sure to show your professional carpet cleaner the spots, stains, and high traffic areas that you are most concerned about. This way you will ensure that these places are not missed during the cleaning process.
It's the carpet and upholstery cleaning company's responsibility to sell and install quality carpet using the best possible carpet and installation techniques. But you play a big part in the success of your carpet and upholstery cleaning company, too. Here are a few simple steps you can take to be a good customer when hiring a Contra Costa County carpet and upholstery cleaning company.
- Before you hire a carpet and upholstery cleaning company in Contra Costa County, restate your expectations and goals, and reiterate to the carpet and upholstery cleaning company representative your understanding of the agreement. Most problems with local Carpet and upholstery cleaning companies occur because of a breakdown in communication. By being clear about your expectations and theirs, you can avoid most conflicts.
- Ask your carpet and upholstery cleaning company if you should call to check on the progress or if he will call you with updates.
- Be sure your service representative has a phone number where they can reach you at all times while they're installing your carpet. The work will move along more smoothly if your carpet and upholstery cleaning company can reach you for any necessary updates, questions or work authorizations.
- When your contractor contacts you, return calls promptly to keep the carpet company on schedule.
- Be clear and upfront with the carpet and upholstery cleaning company representative. Let them know what you want from your carpet company, the long-term outcome you're expecting and specific ways they can satisfy your expectations.
- Remember, a friendly smile goes a long way!
- Pay for the carpet and upholstery cleaning company work promptly.
Why would you want to be a good customer? Carpet and upholstery cleaning companies in Contra Costa County, including the larger cities of Concord, Richmond, Antioch, Walnut Creek, and Pittsburg, appreciate customers who are straightforward, honest and easy to work with. Your good customer behavior sets the tone from your end and creates an environment conducive to a good relationship. Things may very well go smoother and any problems may be more easily resolved.View/Print
When the carpet cleaning company has safety cleaned your carpets and the work is completed, your upholstery and carpet cleaning company is required to give you a written invoice.
For your protection, this should include:
- The name and physical address of the upholstery cleaning company
- An itemized list of all work performed
- An itemized list of all merchandise purchased or included
- The total cost of cleaning, including the amount charged for labor, if any
Before leaving the carpet cleaner company, confirm any satisfaction guarantees offered by the cleaning company in Contra Costa County.
The written satisfaction guarantee document must detail the following:
- The upholstery and carpet cleaning company's name and physical address
- What the satisfaction guarantee covers. This should include whether the shop will give you a refund. Any exclusions must be explicitly stated.
- Your responsibility in the case of a problem with the work of the carpet cleaning company and what you need to do in order to redeem the satisfaction guarantee.
- How long the satisfaction guarantee is valid.
Carpet cleaning companies in Contra Costa County, including the larger cities of Concord, Richmond, Antioch, Walnut Creek, and Pittsburg, provide all types of cleaning services.
Included is a list of the most popular services.
Carpet cleaning companies have the ability to clean your lamp shades so that, instead buying new lampshades, the old ones can be refreshed and cleaned, bringing them back to life.
Carpet Cleaning Services
Because everybody's carpet is unique in color, style, fiber, density, and texture, the dirt, spots and stains in the carpet are different, too. A quality carpet cleaning company will customize the solution to fit your needs individually. Proper pH balances, mixtures, and spot and stain removal are all considered.
Upholstery cleaning is a service that cleans a wide variety of fabrics, leaving your furniture sparkling clean.
Carpet and Furniture Protectant
Carpet and furniture protectant is an additional service provided by carpet and upholstery cleaning services that offers extra protection against permanent staining of your carpet and furniture.
Pet Odor Removal
Pet odor removal is a service that specializes in the removal of odors from pets. A bacterial enzyme product is used that consumes the bacteria that are the root of the odor problem. Rather than masking the odor, its source is destroyed.
Autos, RVs, and Boats
Carpet cleaning companies will clean the carpet and upholstery in your automobile on location at your home. RVs and boats can also be cleaned.
Upholstery cleaning companies have a cleaning process that guarantees no shrinking so that you don't have to take your drapes to the dry cleaners. Many carpet cleaning companies are able to clean your drapes while they hang.
Upholstery and carpet cleaning companies are able to clean most types of vertical blinds from fingerprints, dirt, oil, and dust.
Air Duct Cleaning
Carpet and upholstery cleaning companies are able to clean the air ducts in your home by using a high-powered vacuum system paired with a rotary brush system that dislodges and removes contaminants such as dust, dirt, bacteria, mold, etc. that is often found in air ducts. This improves the quality of the air inside your home so that you have a healthier home environment.
Carpet cleaning companies offer a cleaning service that powers away build-up and restores grout lines on tile floors. The procedure includes a cleaning solution and a high-pressure spray that blasts away the dirt and build-up, leaving the tile floors and grout looking new again.
Top 10 Brand Requests
Many companies are on the market for carpet cleaning products. Following is a list of popular carpet cleaning brands that have had great success and have a good reputation.
- Kirby Carpet Cleaning Products
- Hoover Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning Supplies and Shampoo
- Bissell Carpet Cleaning Products
- Electrolux Carpet Shampoo
- Koblenx Carpet and Upholstery Shampoo
- Oreck Carpet Spot Remover
- Easi-Step Wipe Off Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner
- Woolite Carpet Cleaning
- Resolve Carpet Cleaner
- Rug Doctor Carpet Cleaning and Upholstery Products
Diamond Certified carpet and upholstery cleaning company contractors are backed by the Diamond Certified Performance Guarantee. If the upholstery cleaning company is Diamond Certified and you can't resolve the issue by talking with the owner, contact the mediation department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-738-1138.
Ending Conflict with Contra Costa County Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning Company Contractors
The truth is most carpet and upholstery cleaning companies in Contra Costa County, including the larger cities of San Ramon, Danville, Brentwood, Martinez, and Pleasant Hill, are honest and really do look out for their customers' best interests.
Still, you should know what to do if you are ever dissatisfied with your local Carpet and upholstery cleaning company's service or installation of a floor.
If you have a complaint or concern about your carpet, the installation, or the service you received from your carpet and upholstery cleaning company, immediately request to speak with the service supervisor. This is often the best way to resolve problems directly with the carpet and upholstery cleaning company management, minimizing conflict and getting your purchase and/or installation done right and on time.
When discussing the issue with the service manager or shop owner, keep these tips in mind:
- Review the contract specifications with your contractor and attempt to verbally resolve any problems in person.
- Set a deadline for resolution, and tell the company representative that you are willing to agree on a mutually-beneficial solution.
- You may legally withhold payment until the dispute is resolved to your liking.
- If you do not get a suitable response, consider hiring a local building inspector to evaluate the problem from a neutral standpoint.
- Remain calm and polite.
- Let your carpet and upholstery cleaning company representative know that you're willing to compromise or negotiate a mutually-beneficial agreement.
Document your concerns in writing with the carpet and upholstery cleaning company service or photograph your carpet if you have worries about the quality of the carpet or installation. Write down the carpet and upholstery cleaning company's response to your complaints in case you need records for future arbitration.
If you can't reach an agreement, tell the carpet and upholstery cleaning company representative that you are going to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and do so.View/Print
Below are key carpet and upholstery cleaning company terms and descriptions that will help you navigate your way through your carpet and upholstery cleaning from beginning to end.
area rug shampooing
This is a reference to professionally shampooing an area rug.
Also known as: carpet cleaners, area rug cleaning, area rug cleaners, clean area rugs, shampooing carpet
The material used to form the base of the carpeting into which the pile is attached.
Biodegradable refers to the detergent in the carpet cleaning products that can be broken down in order to reduce the amount of surfactants discharged into the environment. This breakdown process prevents the product from being toxic to aquatic life.
Also known as: what is biodegradable, biodegradable products
A products that whitens, cleans, and removes stains as well as brightens fabrics.
Brown carpet discoloration is caused by over-wetting the carpet either with water alone or with a carpet cleaning product.
Caused by adding layer after layer of floor finish over dirt without scrubbing the old layers of dirt away first, build-up is a heavy deposit of floor finish, dirt, grime, and wax.
Carpet cleaning is a reference to cleaning carpet for the purpose of removing stains, dirt, grit, sand, and allergens or simply restoring the original beauty of the carpet.
Also known as: green carpet cleaning, cheap carpet cleaning, professional carpet cleaning, carpet cleaning tips, carpet cleaning companies, carpet clean
Carpet shampoo is shampoo specially designed for carpet in order to remove stains, dirt, grit, sand, and allergens and restore the original beauty of the carpet.
Also known as: carpet shampoo rental, car carpet shampoo, best carpet shampoo, dry carpet shampoo, carpet shampoo machines, carpet shampoos, dry foam carpet shampoo, carpet steam cleaners, professional carpet cleaning, carpet steam cleaner
Cleaning is locating, identifying, containing, removing and disposing of unwanted pollutants from the environment.
Also known as: home cleaning services, home cleaning, house cleaning services, cleaning jobs, cleaning companies, cleaning costs
A cleanser is a powdered of liquid cleaning product that contains abrasives, surfactants, and usually a bleach.
The ability of carpet fiber to hold its dye-or coloration.
Also known as: colorfast industries, colorfastness, colorfast dye
commercial carpet cleaning
Commercial carpet cleaning is a carpet cleaning service provided by a commercial company. The purpose of cleaning a carpet commercially is to remove stains, dirt, grit, sand and allergens and restore the original beauty of the carpet.
Also known as: commercial carpet cleaning services, commercial carpet cleaners, carpet cleaning prices, dry carpet cleaning, commercial carpet cleaning company, professional carpet cleaning service, carpet cleaning specials, commercial carpet cleaning equipment
A degreaser is a specialty product that removes grease from hard surfaces.
dry carpet cleaning
Dry carpet cleaning involves the use of specialized machines in order to clean carpets with newly developed chemical technologies that permit very low moisture cleaning. This process results in the beautification of the carpet as well as the removal of stains, dirt, grit, sand and allergens.
Also known as: chem. Dry carpet cleaning, dry foam carpet cleaning, carpet cleaning, carpet cleaning services, carpet cleaning prices, professional carpet cleaning, dry chemical carpet cleaning, cheap carpet cleaning, carpet and upholstery cleaning, dry carpet cleaning products
dry foam carpet cleaning
Dry foam carpet cleaning is a method that uses a specialized carpet cleaning machine to lift embedded soil from the carpet fibers. Typically the carpets will dry in about one hour when using dry foam.
Also known as: carpet cleaning services, cheap carpet cleaning, dry foam carpet cleaner, carpet cleaning specials, best carpet cleaning method, local carpet cleaning, affordable carpet cleaning, carpet cleaning machines, carpet cleaning, quality carpet cleaning, dry carpet cleaning
extraction carpet cleaning
The method of cleaning carpet in which a cleaning solution is injected into the carpet and the soiled solution is then quickly vacuumed back into the extraction machine.
Also known as: host carpet cleaning, carpet cleaning service, commercial carpet cleaning machines, hot water extraction carpet cleaning, water extraction carpet cleaning, commercial carpet cleaning equipment, water extraction carpet, carpet cleaning machines, carpet cleaning methods, carpet cleaning
green carpet cleaning
Green carpet cleaning refers to the process of cleaning carpets with the use of environmentally friendly cleaning products. Green cleaning considers human health and environmental impacts.
Also known as: carpet cleaning services, professional carpet cleaning, carpet cleaning, carpet steam cleaning, green carpet cleaners, best carpet cleaning, cheap carpet cleaning, carpet cleaning specials, carpet and upholstery cleaning, organic carpet cleaning
home carpet and upholstery cleaning
Home carpet and upholstery cleaning refers to the process of cleaning the carpets and upholstery within a home.
Also known as: upholstery cleaning companies, upholstery cleaning, home carpet cleaners, home carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning company, best home carpet cleaner, home carpet cleaner, home upholstery cleaning, carpet cleaning solution, carpet upholstery cleaning, best home carpet cleaners, home steam carpet cleaners, upholstery cleaning services
natural carpet and upholstery cleaning
Natural carpet and upholstery cleaning refers to the process of cleaning carpet and upholstery with cleaning products that are safe for the environment. This means that the cleaning products do not have toxic fumes or harsh chemicals.
Also known as: carpet cleaning services, professional carpet cleaning, carpet cleaning, carpet steam cleaning, green carpet cleaners, best carpet cleaning, cheap carpet cleaning, carpet cleaning specials, carpet and upholstery cleaning, organic carpet cleaning
A special chemical that contains enzyme-producing bacteria. These bacteria actually digest organic spills and stains from carpeting such as urine, vomit, and feces.
oriental rug cleaning
Oriental rug cleaning is the process of cleaning an oriental rug in a way that removes the dirt and residue without causing damage to the elegance of the rug.
Also known as: oriental rug cleaning equipment, rug cleaning, clean oriental rugs, oriental rugs cleaning, cleaning oriental rugs, oriental rug cleaning company
Over wetting is the application of too much product. If a carpet becomes too wet, the primary or secondary backing may release a dye like substance that causes the tips of the carpet fibers to become yellow or brown.
Persian rug cleaning
Persian rug cleaning is the process of cleaning a Persian rug in a way that removes the dirt and residue without causing damage to the elegance of the rug.
Also known as: area rug cleaning, oriental rug cleaning, rug cleaning, Persian rug cleaning, Persian style rugs, wool area rug cleaning, how to clean Persian rugs, cleaning Persian rugs
Rug cleaning refers to the process of cleaning a rug in order to remove stains, dirt, grit, sand and allergens and restore the original beauty of the rug.
Also known as: oriental rug cleaning, area rug cleaning, rug cleaning services, wool rug cleaning, rug clean, rugs cleaning, rug cleaning equipment, rug cleaning machines, silk rug cleaning, Persian rug cleaning
steam carpet cleaning
Steam carpet cleaning refers to the process of cleaning carpet in order to remove stains, dirt, grit, sand and allergens and restore the original beauty of the carpet through the use of a specialized cleaning machine that uses steam.
Also known as: steam clean carpet, steam cleaning carpets, carpet steam cleaning, carpet cleaning machines, steam cleaning carpet, carpet cleaning, carpet cleaning services, how to steam clean carpet, professional carpet cleaning, carpet cleaning products, carpet cleaning company, best carpet cleaning
Sections of carpet the receive the most wear and use such as hallways, steps, and entranceways, and require frequent vacuuming and cleaning in order to maintain appearance.
truckmount carpet cleaning
Truckmount carpet cleaning refers to the process of cleaning carpet through the use of a truck mounted carpet cleaner, a cleaning unit that is generally mounted to the floor of a van or trailer. The cleaning method of a truck mounted carpet cleaner is hot water extraction.
Also known as: carpet cleaning equipment, truck mount carpet cleaning equipment, carpet cleaning machines, carpet cleaning solution, carpet cleaning truckmount, truck mount carpet cleaning machines, carpet cleaning truckmounts, portable carpet cleaning machines
Upholstery cleaning refers to the process of cleaning the upholstery of furniture from dirt and dust. Because upholstered furniture often has intricate shapes and delicate fabric that is difficult to clean, it is important to use a professional cleaning service that can effectively remove the dirt and grime from the furniture and restore it to its original beauty.
Also known as: upholstery cleaning tips, upholstery cleaning machines, upholstery cleaning services, carpet and upholstery cleaning, professional upholstery cleaning, upholstery cleaning machine, furniture upholstery cleaningView/Print
Q: Why choose a Diamond Certified carpet and upholstery cleaning company?
A: Diamond Certified helps you choose a carpet and upholstery cleaning company with confidence by offering a list of top-rated local companies who have passed the country's most in-depth rating process. Only carpet and upholstery cleaning company rated Highest in Quality earn the prestigious Diamond Certified award. Most companies can't pass the ratings.
American Ratings Corporation also monitors every Diamond Certified company with ongoing research and ratings. And your purchase is backed by the Diamond Certified Performance Guarantee. So you'll feel confident choosing a Diamond Certified carpet and upholstery cleaning company.
Q: Is there a difference in whic types of carpet upholstery and carpet cleaning companies clean?
A: There is a different in the type of carpet that is being cleaned and the level that can be extracted. For example, Berber carpets clean well but often have reappearing stains in the next few days after they have been cleaned. Frieze carpets hold moisture so they must be done over more frequently or have an air mover readily available. These differences should be addressed with your carpet cleaner company of choice during your initial interview.
Q: What is the normal dry time after carpets are cleaned?
A: Usually, if there is ventilation in the room or if it is a warm day, it will take anywhere from 3-6 hours. This is dependent on the carpet and conditions.
Q: Can all stains be removed?
A: There are some permanent stains that can never be removed. These should be addressed by your carpet cleaning professional when he inspects your home before cleaning it. Some of these permanent stains that are almost impossible to remove include pet urine stains or any type of artificially colored stains. However, they can often be lightened.
Q: Is it better to have your carpet steam cleaned or chemically dry cleaned?
A: Steam cleaning is both a surface cleaner and a deep penetrating cleaner. It will remove surface stains as well as deep clean down into the carpet pad where bacteria and other stains remain. You will need to speak with a carpet cleaning professional regarding the advantages and disadvantages of both.
Q: Is it better to get an estimate over the phone or in person?
A: It is always better to get an estimate in person as there are too many factors involved in cleaning your carpets that can't be answered over the phone. If an upholstery cleaning company does give you a quote over the phone that sounds low, be aware that low cost often means poor service.
Q: How much better can a professional clean my carpets than doing it myself?
A: Equipment and type of chemicals used in the cleaning process are huge factors when cleaning carpets. For the most effective carpet cleaning, a professional is the best choice. A professional has the experience to give you the quality of cleaning you need as well as the cleaning power that isn't available on the consumer level and will be the most effective.
Q: Are carpet cleaning chemicals harmful to my children or pets?
A: All cleaning chemicals have hazardous levels that range from good to worse. However, there are also natural chemicals that some carpet cleaning companies use. Ask your carpet cleaning professional about what type of chemicals they use.
Q: What should I look out for when being charged for carpet cleaning?
A: Some companies charge by the rooms they clean and others by square footage. Be sure to ask for referrals, what they do to prepare your carpets for cleaning, and what type of system they use. Customer satisfaction should always overshadow price by a few dollars.
Q: What should I watch out for when looking for a carpet cleaning service company on the internet?
A: Be sure that they are licensed and insured. Also ask for references and how many years the carpet cleaning company has been in business. Last of all, inquire if the company is owner operated as there is a level of pride that goes along with owning your own business and running it well.
Q: Is it best to put off having my carpet cleaned for as long as possible?
A: Many major carpet mills recommend professional cleaning your carpets at least once per year. The build up of soil in the carpet in combination with foot traffic creates abrasion that breaks down the fibers of the carpets. Professional cleaning removes the dirt and grime deep within the carpet and restores its natural beauty.
Q: My carpet has bleached or faded spots. Can a professional carpet cleaning service correct that?
A: If there is color loss in the carpet, it may be possible to spot dye it. Another option is to do a carpet repair by replacing that area of carpet with another piece.
ASCR Association of Specialists in Cleaning and Restoration (www.ascr.org)
CARE Carpet America Recovery Effort (www.carpetrecovery.org)
CIRI Cleaning Industry Research Institute (www.ciri-research.org)
CRI Carpet and Rug Institute (www.carpet-rug.org)
DCA California Department of Consumer Affairs (www.dca.ca.gov)
IICRC Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration (www.iicrc.org)
IFAI Industrial Fabrics Association International (www.ifai.com)
SCRT Society of Cleaning and Restoration Technicians (www.scrt.org)
WCRC World Carpet and Rug Council (www.wcrc-net.org)
AOR Association of Restorers (www.assoc-restorers.com)
ASG American Sewing Guild (www.asg.org)
IFDA International Furnishings and Design Association (www.ifda.com)
IFI International Fabricare Institute (www.ifi.org)
NTA National Textile Association (www.nationaltextile.org)
PCUCA Professional Carpet and Upholstery Cleaners Association (www.pcuca.org)
Contra Costa County Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning Information
|Popular Carpet & Upholstery Cleaners||Types of Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning Services Available in Contra Costa County||Cities Served||Zip Codes Served|
|409 Carpet Cleaner||carpet cleaning||Alamo|
|Rug Doctor Carpet Cleaning & Upholstery Products||extraction carpet cleaning|
|Meguiars Carpet Cleaner||Persian rug cleaning|
|Oxy-Steam Carpet & Upholstery Shampoo||dry foam carpet cleaning|
|Koblenx Carpet & Upholstery Shampoo||green carpet cleaning|
|Oreck Carpet Spot Remover||steam carpet cleaning|
|Easi-Step Wipe Off Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner||oriental rug cleaning|
|Woolite Carpet Cleaning||home carpet & upholstery cleaning|
|Resolve Carpet Cleaner||commercial carpet cleaning|
|Bingola Carpet Cleaner||truckmount carpet cleaning|
|Nature’s Miracle Pet Carpet Cleaner||upholstery cleaning|
|Folex Carpet Cleaner||rug cleaning|
|Kirby Carpet Cleaning Products||carpet shampoo|
|Hoover Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning Supplies & Shampoo||dry carpet cleaning|
|Bissell Carpet Cleaning Products||natural carpet & upholstery cleaning|
|Electrolux Carpet Shampoo||area rug shampooing|